October 10th is recognized worldwide as World Mental Health Day. Given IRC’s mission to support the vulnerable and the mounting challenges facing the world, this day gives us an important opportunity to pause and reflect upon our own mental health and wellbeing.
In honor of this important day, the IRC is partnering with Konterra to make available a series of webinars on the topic of “Mental Health Awareness.” In this hour long presentation participants we will explore the following:
- What is meant by the term “mental health?”
- Myths and realities about mental health
- Six of the most common mental health disorders
- What sorts of behaviors may point to mental health challenges
- How mental health disorders are diagnoses and treated
- Tips on when and how IRC staff can seek help with their mental health