The IRC offers all staff with supervisory responsibilities access to free consultative services to support their work as a manager. Offered through IRC partner, Konterra, this service is provided remotely through phone, Skype, or What’s App. Specific topics covered under this service include the following:
- Supporting teams facing significant change, upheaval, or distress
- Supporting the resilience of a direct report who may be facing personal or performance issues
- Preventing or addressing burnout in a direct report
- Addressing vicarious trauma on your team
- Enhancing personal resilience while supervising
- Coping with stress and trauma while carrying the responsibility of managing others
Consultation with a management-specific counselor is totally free and fully confidential, meaning Konterra will never disclose any details of the individuals who use the service or what was discussed. The program is also humanitarian specific, with all counselors having worked a minimum of two years in emergency contexts so they will be well versed in the unique pressures of supervising staff under these circumstances.
To set up a consultation, please contact Konterra using the information below. In this initial communication, please explain when you are available to talk, whether you prefer a male or female counselor, and share what language you prefer to use. Konterra will then match you with an appropriate counselor within 24-72 hours.
To book a management consultation, please reach out to Konterra through one of the following methods:
Note to HR employees, managers, and leaders: Having a referral option for personal consultations can be extremely helpful for supervisors who are struggling and may need help to figure out optimal coping approaches. Please feel free to refer staff to this service as needed.